vBWarez - Rest In Peace

vB 4.2.4 - Database error when editing config.php

Greetings,

I'm new to trying to make a vB forum, and I got a free webhost (byethost) and registered, got my db / ftp and other information.

When I uploaded files to main directory, I loaded the site url, and it told me to edit config, as normal..

But, I have no idea how to edit this config, and I followed a tutorial found here [url]https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/install_core_config_php[/url]

but even after that, I get this error when trying to load website

Database Error Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the monkgunz.byethost5.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The monkgunz.byethost5.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Someone help?
hello
first on byethost you must change version of php
for this go in Cpanel and go on : software and service
here click on : Select PHP version
as you can see you are on php version 5.6
you must change it by php 5.5 or 5.4 (for vb 4.2) or you'll go to have lots of errors and certainly your vb not want to be installed.

after make a fresh database give at this database all permission to your user (the user that you have created) in mysql

now edit the config.php and put the database name , the user name and password (created in mysql)
start to install now .go to your adress of your site/install/index.php all will normally start to install.
it's like this on all hosting servers. now the majority put php 5.6 by defaut and it's for security but for ipb 3.4.x or vb 4.2.x it's make bugs or can't install.(xenforo 1.4 too.)
just put php 5.5 or 5.4 (test it) and you'll go to have a good install and all addons work correctly with no database errors .